Node doesn't update automatically

Hi all SNO operators!

Since last August, when the node is updated to a new version, it doesn’t start automatically. I am using Watchtower with no problems until last month. Any clue where could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum @raftoral!

During update the dashboard closes so you have to relaunch it after the update. How do you check if its not started ?

Thanks for the support. I check it because the node is down. I mean, the container isn’t running.

Can you check if you are using the latest command ?

https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/software-updates#automatic-updates

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I’ve already checked it before open the topic. This is the command that I’m using:
sudo docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600
Right now, I 've stopped, removed, pulled and rerunned container watchtower. I’ll see in the next update how it’ll be working.

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

On one of my RPi’s with two nodes on it, one updates fine - the other one does not (via watchtower)
Historically, until 1.11 and now 1.12 they have both upgraded within minutes of each other so I don’t know whats happened…

:thinking:

1 Like

That’s exactly what happens in my case!!!

Hi again!

Yesterday, my node was updated to 1.13.3 and happened the same than the last 2 updates: After update, the node is stopped and I had to rerun it manually.

Any idea where could be the problem?

Thanks.

1 Like

Did you check what your log showed during that error ?

Thanks for answer. No, I didn’t. How can I do it?

For watchtower you can use

docker logs watchtower

OK. I’ll check it next update whether it happens again.

Thanks!

Since last August, when the node is updated to a new version, it doesn’t start automatically. I have this problem In my node.

Have you used the updated watchtower command linked above ?

Also when you say its not started automatically, did you check the container with the command

docker ps -a

Hi @nerdatwork:

Yesterday, my node was updated and had the same situation: the node didn’t start automatically. Before, rerun it manually, I checked the logs, as you told:

docker logs watchtower
time=“2020-09-24T15:17:49Z” level=info msg=“Waiting for running update to be finished…”
time=“2020-09-24T15:53:04Z” level=info msg=“Waiting for running update to be finished…”
time=“2020-09-26T10:05:21Z” level=info msg=“Waiting for running update to be finished…”

docker logs storagenode
Error: No such container: storagenode

Any suggestion what I should do?

Thanks!

Your node is not running or has a different name. What does docker ps -a say? If there is no node in the output, just start it.

I didn’t run ‘docker ps -a’ but I suppose the node was not running due to the storagenode log output. And after check the logs, I restarted manually.

What I don’t know is why watchtower doesn’t start the node after update it. Any idea?

Thanks!

Please, run docker ps -a and post results

Thanks for the answer. Here it’s the output:
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
de47265c1b03 storjlabs/storagenode:latest “/entrypoint” 2 days ago Up 2 days 0.0.0.0:14002->14002/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp storagenode
e9aa1b7abae1 storjlabs/watchtower “/watchtower storage…” 3 weeks ago Up 2 weeks watchtower
0770d1342d45 84803293c0e3 “/watchtower storage…” 12 months ago Up 2 weeks XjoxfkOzqOtLOHGRWjhTyNkpEetOKcAa

You should remove watchtower and use the new command.

To remove use:

docker rm watchtower

then use this new command

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s