Node offline basic problem

Hello!
I have no understanding of how the internet works, so ask you for help.
My node has been offline ever since it has been created. I’m checking against this list Node offline troubleshooting – Storj

#1 is alright.
As for #2 and #3, I get the following

Is there a problem there?

the port isn’t open, this might be because your isp could be using a double nat setup.
meaning that your router isn’t directly exposed to the internet and thus the port is closed on the ISP side.

But yeah the problem is your TCP 28967 port isn’t accessible from the internet.

this could also be due to the router, that you didn’t save the configuration
maybe it needs a restart to work…

are you sure that is your online ip address…?
what does it say when you do a whatsmyip on google

do you have node on windows gui then dont forget to open Windows Firewall Port also. on some linux there is also firewall by default.

Please, click on WAN tab and compare IP there with IP on yougetsignal - they should match, otherwise port forwarding will not work.

If they match - then make sure that node is running. If it’s running, then make sure that you allowed 28967 port for incoming traffic on your firewall.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Yesterday Node was Set, Status OFFLINE

Thank you for reply. As far as I can see they don’t match.

Additionally, me node got disqualified (without ever going online actually).
Where do I go from here?

If your node is disqualified - you need to remove the current identity and data, generate a new identity and sign it with a new authorization token.

Since WAN IP doesn’t match the public IP the port forwarding will not work. You have several options:

• call to your ISP and ask for public IP, it could be dynamic but must be public (WAN IP will match the public IP); you can say that you need an access to your security IP cam, this will allow you to do not explain Storj;
  • switch to ISP who offer a public IP;
  • use VPN services with port forwarding option like portmap.io, ngrok, PIA, AirVPN, PureVPN, etc.
1 Like