Node was down for a month, resume or new node?

Hi folks, my motherboard had crashed, due to Corona, couldn’t find a replacement till now!
Node ID:

125Np5AKPRL4eN6hcQktZ9DXQsFdnZnN4LkcnE5BKRCP9ARtDNA

It was down for over a month.

STATUS Offline

UPTIME 20h 45m

LAST CONTACT 17701555h 26m ago

VERSION v1.4.2

PERIOD May

Node is still using more than 2TB of storage data!

Last line of error:

Pasting even the last line of Log is giving me the error (On forum) Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.

ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE”, “attempts”: 11, “error”: "ping satellite error: rpccompat: dial tcp 35.236.124.230:7777: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

This is the crux of it.

Update, I figured out the first issue, internal IP I was using for my earlier system was different.
Changed that back, Node is now online! :smiley:

What do you think, can I continue with this or will I have to setup a new node?

P.S. I don’t want to change my e-mail or Eth address!

Welcome to the forum @fierydev!

What does your web dashboard show ?

Disqualification for downtime is not in effect.

1 Like

Well then, who’s the lucky boy! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for such a quick answer!

Have been a storage node provider (On windows, started with 1TB, now @8TB) since more than a year now.

This was the first time I had an issue I couldn’t self resolve!

Funnily, as soon as I posted question here, I resolved the issue! Lol.

Now I can continue my same node in peace! (Had 60+$ as held amount too)

Stay safe friend! :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad you got it back up and running. Just so you know what to expect. It’s possible you’ll see some data be removed from your node. While the node was down the pieces on it were marked as unsafe. That means they would have been repaired to other nodes if the availability became too low. Additionally customers may have deleted data while your node was offline. For both these scenarios garbage collection will eventually remove data that is no longer needed on your node. This is normal and expected after long downtime. But you should be left with plenty of data still after that. It could temporarily lead to a very large trash folder. That’s normal and the node will clean that up automatically after a week.

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Glad to be back! I’ve had nothing but good experiences as a storage node operator! :slight_smile:

1 Like