Online status fluctuates since a few days

That comes from the days when there were still data tariffs. Some providers are slowly getting rid of this. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case. And yes, it’s pointless…totally. :rage:

In Germany we are unfortunately 10 years behind in terms of technology and especially the Internet xD new territory and so on…

2 Likes

So, new month but the online status is unfortunately not improving. I have the same problems regardless of whether with NO-IP, MyFritz or any other provider and here and there after the reconnect I have a message that my Internet is offline. (Always on average for 1-3 minutes)

I conclude from this that as a user I cannot do anything against it.

But how should the online status continue? Most of the DSL connections in Germany have this problem. Then, sooner or later, Storj will disqualify many nodes because of this problem.

Something should be changed. Even if the status drops only minimally from week to week, I will eventually reach the critical limit. Whether that takes six months or how long do I just have to wait and see. The fact is, I can’t do anything about this problem.

Yes, I can move into town and get a cable connection. :laughing:
But then I prefer to stay in the country in my house.

Does anyone from Storj have any suggestions? Has that ever been discussed? Maybe a survey how many SNO’s have a dynamic IP would not be bad. Maybe Storj can determine that and do something about tracking accordingly.

Or does anyone have any further suggestions for improvement?

All nodes look like that which I run with dynamic IP.

From what I understand, the online score simply seems to be an average for 30 days, which means that:

• one short disconnection at one point will make online scores to drop once and stay at that level for one month before this hit is “forgotten”/recovered
  • it shouldn’t take a lot more than one month for your online scores to stabilize to a point reflecting your average connectivity, which shouldn’t keep going down forever unless your connection stability keeps getting worse too
  • your node shouldn’t get disqualified as long as your online scores stay above the minimal authorized score (I’m not sure what it is exactly though)
1 Like

Okay that may be. Then I have to wait a few more days and see what happens or generally wait a few weeks and continue to watch the status.

So far everything is still OK. I’m just worried that it will drop massively after a few weeks. But I will try to be patient, which is not necessarily my strength :laughing:

I will continue to report. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree. When I migrated my nodes, the onlineScore fell to 85% on one node and it still stays there 2 weeks later. Doesn’t rise and doesn’t fall. But if I were to have more downtime, it would fall further.
Need to wait 30 days until it’s out of the onlineScore time window.

2 Likes

Please answer STORJ Team/community?

The /24 subnet discussion has been done multiple times, that’s why nobody is answering to it again. You can use the search if you are interested.

in short I think it’s not a high priority because it’s hardly a problem. Germandy has a daily chainging dynamic ip on dsl connections and at the same time the highest amounts of nodes but still there doesn’t seem to be anyone complaining about having someone else on their subnet.