Organising files into folders

Greetings,

It seems we can not move files or folders around.
For e.g. if I have some files I can’t create a Folder and drag and drop them into that folder

Is this by design?

All other cloud storage applications I’ve used make re-organising and moving things around easy and simple but maybe because of the way Storj works this is not possible?

I love and recommend Storj but this is one issue that feels like a very important lacking feature unless it’s not possible for technical reasons. Just thought I’d ask.

We providing a decentralized, end-to-end encrypted S3-compatible storage platform for developers and enterprises, not applications.
These developers are builds applications and sites using our platform as a storage backend.

The satellite UI is not supposed to be used as a daily interface, it’s more for a quick start, so it missing a lot of features, include moving folders.
So you need to use applications for that, like Filezilla or Cyberduck if you prefer to use a GUI, or rclone or uplink CLI (there are many of them, include File Transfer - Storj DCS Docs).
You may also mount your bucket to the local folder with rclone mount or Mountain Duck

3 Likes