Payout feedback

Time for a new update, here are my findings.

During payouts the STORJ value fluctuated quite a bit. As a result etherscans estimates were all over the place. I used 0.14 instead, since that was what it was actually hovering around during these payouts. Unfortunately I can’t be exact without the exchange rate used for the actual transaction. I kindly ask to include this in the databases with a future update.

Let’s start with held amount payouts. It looks like this confirms what I noticed earlier and the returns for held amount actually happen in month 16, not in 15. us-central-1 paid out the held amount in month 16 and stefan-benten in month 15 did not.

Next up, Saltlake payout is higher than expected. This includes compensation from missed payout last month.

So, last month I missed 1.96 in payouts. But to make it complicated a different held back percentage applies this month and there was a surge payout last month. This month I got 2.63 more than expected.
My guess is that surge is not applied to this correction (Which… I don’t care, just want to know what happened) and 50% held back is applied (instead of 75% last month). Based on last months numbers that should be 4.90*50%=2.45. Close enough.

I was lucky enough that this node still had all separate payouts this month. But you can see how doing these checks would be much more complicated without that. Please include exchange rate and STORJ amounts in the dashboard (and API/node databases), so we have a complete picture.

I’ve started 2 additional nodes during May, but they don’t have significant enough income to warrant a deep dive. Additionally, most of their payouts were actually merged into a single payout, so can’t really do these exact checks.

tl;dr:

• Only one significant “issue”. Payout of 50% held back amount is happening with the payouts of month 16 instead of 15
  • Please include exchange rate and STORJ amounts on the dashboard, API and node databases
8 Likes