People to participate in a currently UNPAID community experiment

@Pentium100 Are you going to the url in browser
Because it doesn’t use http so it is expected
People must try connect their nodes I am going to make a tutorial for joining soon
Simple tutorial
1.make Id
2.create a second storage node as usual but edit the config to use the port 10000 url I will explain in more detail once I make a tutorial to show everyone

@BrightSilence
Thanks i have tested deleting blobs from 2 nodes and it manages to reconstruct my file but I will look into this once I have a good amount of nodes

Yeah, there is still some redundancy, but instead of 29/80 on production I think it’s like 2/6 or something. I’m also not sure if storj-sim includes repair workers. Might want to make sure. I don’t think this is really the intended use for storj-sim. So can’t really assume anything works as you would expect.

Yea I know I may have to make modifications and I am unsure but occasionally I see repair in the list of things and tasks it’s running

telnet de-tube.ddns.net 10000
Trying 124.184.178.95...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

This works with official satellites:

telnet us1.storj.io 7777
Trying 35.237.247.129...
Connected to us1.storj.io.
Escape character is '^]'.

Both ports 80 and 10000 are closed on the domain for your satellite. So there is something wrong on your end.

It must be I have port 10000 forwarded and use ddns for my ip I will see what other ports I may need to open and come back to tell you all once it is working

You can test it yourself and it’s definitely not open. https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/?remoteAddress=de-tube.ddns.net&port=10000

It was only accepting connections from local host if you try again it should /might work

@BrightSilence thanks for the link now it’s showing open after substituting 127.0.0.1(local host) with 0.0.0.0(any IP)
@Pentium100
So now it should work at least for this step

OK, seems to work, my node says it’s online

@Pentium100
Oh cool thank you for giving it a try now I will learn about the databases and how I can see how much nodes are holding

Btw has the satellite given you any data yet

no

Available     Used     Egress     Ingress
     Bandwidth           N/A      0 B        0 B         0 B (since Jun 1)
          Disk       0.80 TB      0 B

@Pentium100
Hmm guess we will see I will try to delete some blobs of test datathen it may send some around and or I will upload more data tonight

Also when/if(hopefully when) you happen to get data you could post here
Because my satellite has slowed down as if it’s busy so it may be spreading the data but I am unsure also if you don’t mind could you give your node I’d if so I can see what’s it’s doing (wether it’s sending to your node or not)

It’s working

2022-06-28T14:53:21.056Z        INFO    piecestore      upload started  {"Process": "storagenode", "Piece ID": "XRPCV3RA6OXMI3T7EF32IW43FNILIFLSJMBZSMHA4F2FYOYBO5IA", "Satellite ID": "12nErpw5894bSadEPfYLc4PJQ6ZuFHNhqhXHTAYdPsSzBrNcUiX", "Action": "PUT", "Available Space": 800000000000}
2022-06-28T14:53:36.419Z        INFO    piecestore      uploaded        {"Process": "storagenode", "Piece ID": "XRPCV3RA6OXMI3T7EF32IW43FNILIFLSJMBZSMHA4F2FYOYBO5IA", "Satellite ID": "12nErpw5894bSadEPfYLc4PJQ6ZuFHNhqhXHTAYdPsSzBrNcUiX", "Action": "PUT", "Size": 11477760}
1 Like

Great :slight_smile: thanks again @Pentium100

1 Like

@Pentium100 does your node still say it has data just checking as last night the db went down (fixes now) but the backup I restored was old hopefully this shouldn’t of affected you though as my test nodes seem ok

Yes, the same 11.48MB.

Ok cool now I plan to get more videos for the website and make it so I can get a url share link so my site can use data on our community test satellite instead of us1

1 Like