Please explain the parameters in config

In the config.yaml file there are some parameters as follows:

storage2.max-concurrent-requests: 5
storage2.max-used-serials-size: 1.00 MB
storage2.min-upload-speed-congestion-threshold: 0.8
storage2.min-upload-speed-grace-duration: 10s

I don’t really understand how they will affect the download and upload speed from my node.
Can someone explain to me what it means if I set the parameters like above.
I should set the parameters as much as is appropriate.
I am currently running my nodes on a Windows 11 Pro computer with a bandwidth of 300Mbps.

1 Like

@BrightSilence @Alexey Please help me

Are you talking about a node or sat config if node storage2.max-concurrent-requests would limit the amount of requests you try to handle at the same time now i may be wrong and i can’t help much with the others but you may need a pro such as alexy when he is next online

Check the field description here:

2 Likes

Before creating this topic I read the description of each parameter very carefully but I don’t really understand how they work. The description is really not clear.
Can you explain each parameter in detail?

I am talking about windows gui.
Do you mean storage2.max-concurrent-requests: 5 means my node only agree to 5 file queries at the same time right? Does this apply to download or upload from my node side?
Can you explain to me the remaining 3 parameters?

# a client upload speed should not be lower than MinUploadSpeed ​​in bytes-per-second (E.g: 1Mb), otherwise, it will be flagged as slow-connection and potentially be closed
storage2.min-upload-speed: 1 MB

That is, if the client requests to upload files <1 MB, will my node reject those files?

# if the portion defined by the total number of alive connection per MaxConcurrentRequest reaches this threshold, a slow upload client will no longer be monitored and flagged
storage2.min-upload-speed-congestion-threshold: 0.8

What does 0.8 mean? What is its unit of measure? And what should I set this parameter to?

# if MinUploadSpeed ​​is configured, after a period of time after the client initiates the upload, the server will flag unusually slow upload client
storage2.min-upload-speed-grace-duration: 10s

What does this parameter mean? I don’t really understand.

@Erikvv Can you explain those?

Please note - the usage depends on customers, not parameters.
I would recommend to do not touch these parameters at all.

It will cancel upload. This is useful when the customer have a low upstream bandwidth, and if the transfer speed is lower than 1MB/s to your node, this transfer likely will be canceled by the customer anyway, so you can cancel earlier to offer your bandwidth to more speedy transfers from other customers.

this is a portion of MaxConcurrentRequest for alive connections. For example 800 alive connections, MaxConcurrentRequest is 1000, the congestion threshold is 800/1000 = 0.8, so if alive connections more than 800, they will not be monitored on slow connection speed.

The storagenode will wait this time before flag slow connections (and cancel them).

5 Likes

Thank you for you help!

1 Like