Problem with rclone/tardigrade: "didn't find section in config file" or "access not found" or "invalid access grant format" or "node ID is required in node URL"

I am following the Tardigrade rclone tutorial
https://documentation.tardigrade.io/how-tos/sync-files-with-rclone

and after having set the configuration I run into an error…

[folaht@pjehrsohmehj Prive]$ rclone lsf tardigrade:mybucket
Enter configuration password:
password:
2021/03/03 17:25:26 Failed to create file system for "tardigrade:mybucket": didn't find section in config file

I’m not sure if this is a tardigrade issue or an rclone issue.

[update]

When setting the project name to the remote name, I get this error instead:

[folaht@pjehrsohmehj Tardigrade]$ rclone mkdir tardigrade:mybucket
password:
2021/03/04 12:08:25 Failed to create file system for "tardigrade:mybucket": access not found

[update]

I managed to have a different error by matching my default access grant name.

[folaht@pjehrsohmehj Tardigrada]$ rclone mkdir tardigrade:mybucket
password:
2021/03/04 15:56:09 Failed to create file system for "tardigrade:mybucket": tardigrade: access: uplink: invalid access grant format

[update]

For whatever reason, rclone skips api_key and passphrase, unless when remote is edited.
When added api_key and passphrase:

[nwazj]
type = tardigrade
satellite_address = europe-west-1.tardigrade.io
api_key = ...
passphrase = ...
provider = existing

Still this leaves with this issue:

[folaht@pjehrsohmehj Tardigrada]$ rclone mkdir tardigrade:mybucket
password:
2021/03/04 16:19:32 Failed to create file system for "tardigrade:mybucket": tardigrade: access: uplink: metainfo error: node ID is required in node URL "europe-west-1.tardigrade.io"

To make this shorter, there are three issues for rclone config:

1. The tutorial does not say that the rclone remote name should be equal to your project name.
  2. Unless I’m wrong, all satellite addreses are 3rd-party satellite and thus requires a node ID. You can’t just choose something out of the menu.
  3. Editing access_grant sometimes drops off to the remote menu.

It doesn’t required to be equal your project name. For example, I configured it as eu.
I checked both variants - you can import access grant or configure a new one with access token (used as an API key) and password.
The satellite you can choose from the menu. If you want to use a us2 for example, then you need to specify its address (or take an access grant). The address should have SatelliteID as a part.

> rclone version
rclone v1.54.0
- os/arch: windows/amd64
- go version: go1.15.7
1 Like

Hmm… well if it the first one isn’t necessary then I simply had two rclone issues.
I guess I’ll mark this one as solved then.

It could be possible that you imported an old access grant. Some versions (epochs :slight_smile:) ago we did not force to use SatelliteID as part of the satellite address.
However, the latest rclone is aware about SatelliteID in the satellite addresses too.