Qnap d4 pro install problem

Your previous ID is still being used. Make sure old identity files are backed up/deleted. Make sure you follow documentation exactly and don’t skip any steps.

I deleted everything and installed it again - the same error.

T14:21:13.997Z INFO contact:service context cancelled {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”}
2021-03-25T14:21:13.966Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S”, “attempts”: 1, “error”: "
ping satellite error: rpc: dial tcp: operation was canceled", “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: rpc: dial tcp: operation was canceled\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.TCPConnector.Di
alContextUnencrypted:106\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.TCPConnector.DialContext:70\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialEncryptedConn:180\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL.func1:1
01\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpcpool.(*Pool).Get:87\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialPool:146\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:100\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(
*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.i
o/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2021-03-25T14:21:13.997Z INFO contact:service context cancelled {“Satellite ID”: “12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S”}
2021-03-25T14:21:13.983Z ERROR piecestore:cache error during init space usage db: {“error”: “piece space used error: context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: “pi
ece space used error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*pieceSpaceUsedDB).Init:73\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*CacheService).Run:75\n\tsto
rj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:81\n\truntime/pprof.Do:40\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:80\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.
func1:57”}
Error: piecestore monitor: error verifying location and/or readability of storage directory: open config/storage/storage-dir-verification: no such file or directory

You didn’t run setup on this time: Storage Node - Storj
If you deleted identity, you should delete content of the data folder too. Then run setup once for the new identity and data folder (it should be done for every new identity once for entire node’s lifetime).

By the way, you could generate and sign an identity on the other PC/Mac then transfer it to the QNAP, the last time you just missed a sign step: Identity - Storj

Seems you generated a new identity and signed it with QNAP app on this time.
This app is outdated, and did not execute a setup step. You should done it via CLI, then update the storagenode in the QNAP app.
But I personally think that using a CLI is much simpler, since you need it anyway: Storage Node - Storj

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I haven’t tried deleting everything and generating a new identifier - I’ll check it now. I generate the identification from the shell. The qnap application freezes in the process - not an option.

It’s not freezes, it just could take a week to generate it on QNAP.
You can also use a previously generated identity, just sign it with a new authorization token and transfer it to QNAP.
Then clean data directory, setup the storagenode and run it

1 Like

Thanks, I launched the node!

1 Like