Question about Storj Node

yes, I try to find out if it can short the time of vetting by multi nodes, cos I have 12 disks in my NAS .
If fill up 20TB need 2-3 years,10 nodes don’t make sense , 2-3 nodes will be better.
I don’t know much about storj’s rule. It will be become more simply if I start a topic in the forum first. :grinning:

my node is creeping up towards 15tb at 14.5 atm
its on it’s barely 9 months now, but the last 3 months have been very slow on ingress… for various reasons… 1 being that i ended up sharing a subnet with another SNO for a while, but i think most will agree that the last 3 months have been very quite on the ingress side…

so if you are talking the average ingress of the last 3 months as your avg expected ingress then it will take years… last month was 500gb… so thats like 3½ years to fill 20tb… so yeah we cannot know what amounts of ingress we will see, and we will surely expect it to go up as tardigrade ages and becomes more used by more and more people and corporations.

on top of that the internet grows at an amazing speed… but for now it sure does seem like there is plenty of storagenodes, and not enough data to go around.

Good experience. I would like to get first 1 TB data in next month. It will be more funny than earn $1-2.

well with a little luck we will get some test data for xmas…

1 Like

How many time for receive your first 1TB data ?

2 to 3 months in average.
Check Realistic earnings estimator

1 Like

I don’t know yet, it’s just my expectation.

@Alexey I want to close 7 nodes, and try to use graceful exit, but it shows "
Error: You are not allowed to graceful exit on some of provided satellites
", it should be these nodes did not meet the graceful requirements (just opened few days and not vetted yet). If I delete them directly, does it affect other nodes I want to keep working? They use the same IP or the same email/wallet, Is it possible a score or traffic reduced happened?

Because your node should be older than 6 months to be able to call a Graceful Exit. By TOS it’s 15 months, but temporary reduced to 6 months.

That’s one thing i never really understood… how exactly are we suppose to get rid of a node if we change out minds for whatever reason… i mean sure we can just crash and burn it… but the whole GE thing is about limiting repair and tho newer nodes will have less data… they would still help cause earlier repair when nodes gets wrongly created like this…

i don’t think his request is unreasonable, why can’t one delete nodes…? i mean that would be a “beneficial feature” for the network, and one that will only be more and more requested as the network grows…

is there any reason there isn’t a clear way to delete a node

i’m guessing it’s an oversight… so made this

Basically your only option is to kill them (and destroy associated identities as they’re going to get disqualified - double check you delete the right ones!!). Be sure your decision is final: Once a node has been disqualified, there is no turning back.

You’ll lose all held amount for these nodes, which should be very low at this stage. The network is automatically gonna take care of repairing data that your nodes were storing.

2 Likes

Yes, I already killed them. The bandwidth of each node from 2XXMB to 6XXMB per day .Looking forward to the traffic increase after full vetted.

@Alexey
I only kept 1 node 13 days ago, and monitor the vetted progress day by day.

,the saltlake satellite successCount became to 100+, does it means 100% vetted by this satellite? As the pic show, the biggest ingress data is 10 Nov 2020,

then the bandwidth is dropping every day. Now the ingress data is less than 1G per day,

Is any suggestion from you ?

It show not first sattelite 100+ but all audit count is 117, it is only 27, 30, 24 and 26 audits you have.
Audition takes about a month long

And bandwidth is droped at all, so nothing you can do. It is not mining, real people use it.

Sometimes, I feel like saying “It is not mining, real tests use it”… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it’s not mining… okay, so what… space pimping

We have had term “farming” for that process in the past, because you prepare your disks and nodes, and waiting for data to grow. Then you harvest tokens from customers in exchange of usage of your farm

1 Like

fancy suits and bling vs overalls and dirt… xD

1 Like

The 100+ should be satellite saltlake.

1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE

totalCount : 119
successCount : 119
alpha : 19.957551
beta : 0
unknownAlpha : 19.957551
unknownBeta : 0
score : 1