QUIC stop working after SYNOLOGY DSM update

Hi LordWigo,
sorry i am writing so late.
As I understand it, your network looks like this:

Internet → Router → Net 10.0.0.0/24

If your docker container is now running in NAT mode, docker will assign it an IP … in your case apparently from the network 172.17.0.0/24.
Like your router, Docker then has to forward the IP packets to the correct container IP. Therefore you have to specify the NAT rule for forwarding at docker in the port settings.

If your container were to run in bridge mode, it would have to be assigned an IP from the network 10.0.0.0/24 by your internet router. Then you would create a port rule on your internet router that would forward the appropriate ports to the appropriate 10.0.0.X IP your container was given.

At least that is the typical behavior of hypervisors such as VMware, Hyper-V, Virtualbox, etc.
I think Docker behaves the same way.

Perhaps docker is bothered by the port settings and is therefore still doing NAT, because rules are configured, but unfortunately I can’t make a 100% statement on this, since I haven’t dealt with Docker too much myself.

I found an article in the docker forum:
Connect container without NAT

Seems –net=host is the solution

I continue read the article.
Doesn’t seem right. Since it would then use the IP from your NAS and would not get its own from your router with dhcp. :frowning:

best regards
Vossi