Raspberry pi 4 Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group

Starting my node on a raspberry pi 4 8gb variant and running into a few issues.
I have 4 4tb drives I am mounting and am getting the following error:

2023-01-01T02:58:38.834Z INFO Anonymized tracing enabled {“Process”: “storagenode”}
2023-01-01T02:58:38.836Z INFO Operator email {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Address”: “my email”}
2023-01-01T02:58:38.836Z INFO Operator wallet {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Address”: “eth address”}
Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
— stat config/storage/blobs: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/temp: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/garbage: no such file or directory

I executed the following prior to this:

docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true”
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sda”,destination=/app/configsda
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sdb”,destination=/app/configsdb
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sdc”,destination=/app/configsdc
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sdd”,destination=/app/configsdd
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Then:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“eth address”
-e EMAIL=“my address”
-e ADDRESS=“my noip.ddns.net:28967
-e STORAGE=“15.7TB”
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sda”,destination=/app/configsda
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sdb”,destination=/app/configsdb
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sdc”,destination=/app/configsdc
–mount type=bind,source=“/media/sdd”,destination=/app/configsdd
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

configsda, configsdb, etc. won’t work. There must be a mount entry with destination being exactly /app/config, no suffixes, no prefixes.

2 Likes

so when I tried that, it didnt like that my 4 hdds had the same destination for the config. how would I have 4 hdds pointing to the same config, to I need to merge them?

Hello @skywalkeraby,
Welcome to the forum!

You cannot add several drives to the one storagenode instance, you need to generate 4 unique identities, sign them with own unique authorization token and setup each of them separately, using own disk for every instance.
All 4 nodes should have unique external port.
See for details: How to add an additional drive? - Storj Node Operator Docs

3 Likes

Gotcha, thank you! is there a way to delete my previous set up that was incorrect? dont want to waste the identity since it took so long to make lol. Docker RM I know but setup not too sure about

Just remove all folders on these drives, leave your identity only on the first one.
Please do not copy identity to the next drives, you need to generate it for each drive separately.
You may generate them on more powerful PC, then transfer to disks.

Please note, all nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs are treated as a one node for uploads (ingress) to your nodes, and as a separate ones on downloads (egress), egress repair traffic, audits and uptime checks.
Every new node must be vetted. The unvetted node can receive only 5% of customers’ traffic until got vetted. To be vetted on one satellite it should pass 100 audits checks from it. For the one node in the /24 subnet of public IPs it should take at least a month (or more).
So it’s better to do not start all new nodes at once - they will share a traffic of one node, so the vetting could take in 4 times longer for 4 nodes.
It’s better to start only one and wait until it will be almost full or at least vetted, then start the next one.

1 Like