Realistic earnings estimator

I’ve updated the network performance stats on the estimator. Unfortunately it was again a downward adjustment. Egress has dropped quite a bit and repair has dropped a little as well.

All downward adjustments taken together, egress has basically been cut in half from where it was sitting quite stably a while ago. Now I’m hopeful that this is mostly because Storj Labs is cutting back on testing/incentive egress, but we haven’t had an update on testing traffic in a while now, so we can only guess.

@john: You gave us an update in the past regarding test data here. Any chance we can get a similar update about what test data and traffic looks like right now and what’s to be expected in the future? Earnings drops impact node incentive and the total number of nodes seems to be slowly dropping now. This estimator is one of the first things many prospective node operators will see. I think it would be beneficial if it looked a little more lucrative again. Are there any plans on changing this? Or expectations of customer growth?

14 Likes