Restore a node with hard drive fail

You can most definitely reuse the same email to get the token because you see the token right away not even in the email anymore… Things have changed since this project first started.

Yes, but when you copy paste this token in the command, you don’t get the correct output.
For example, here in the documentation:
https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity

It says " The first command should return 2 , and the second command should return 3 : "
So here I get “1” and “2” instead of "2"and “3”. So something is not right. And also the site, that gives you the tolken says that you will receive it on your mail as well. However, that does not happen. I did not receive any mail. So something is definetly not working properly.

You can literally make up an email and it gives you the auth code instantly, You do not need to wait for it to come into your email to use it.

Can you show what it outputs?

at the moment i can ot reproduce it, but in a week or two i planto start another node, so i can do it then

but the other question remains - why does it say that it will send you an e-mail and it doesn’t?

So the reason is basically If you used this email before and you never used the auth code from it you wont get another one to your email, I can’t explain why it is that way but that’s just how it works. But thats all irrelevant since you do get the auth code instantly now. Its a 1 time use so having it sent to your email is pretty useless.

Hello
that is not true
I am currently using a token from that same e-mail address. But anyway after 1 week or 2 I will configure a new node and will take screenshots and will put them here so that you can see what I am talking about.

Was the issue with regards to ad-blockers solved? I know that in the past it was not possible to request a new token with ad-blockers enabled. The e-mail was never sent. We had to disable any ad-blocker for the form to work correctly and receive the token by e-mail (which should only take a few minutes).

I don’t believe adblocker has any effect I tested it with it on and pihole enabled and I still got an email…which I never used before.

Alright, they fixed it then.

I think they said it has been fixed. Got my last token without any hassle, think i used Chrome with ublock enabled

1 Like

i don’t think I am using any ad blockers