Restrain new nodes! to provide all nodes at least 1TB egress /mo

No i mena fainerss in general, fairnes in relation disck space to usage of it, my thinking:
0,7 disk space with 0.1 to 0,15TB usage a month (mostly egress) = unfair
0.7 disk space with 0,5 to 0,7 TB usage a month would be fair enough!

So every new node joining the network isn’t helping (because its just dilutes the data), all i said is its better to pay all participating people good, and manage/balance inflow of new nodes joining, than let everyone join free and dissapoint everyone with poor payment,

and to lost old prooven nodes because they just won’t persevere (because of costs of maitaining a working node 24/7/365 in full operation, (You can have only 5h a month offline, before u lose some % of score, thats very little, so our job is very responsible to keep it always online))

so its better to perservere smaller pool of nodes with better morale, than to open free for all to join and inflate the morale, because we cant control customers, the data inflow they decide to put in network and when, BUT we can control inflow of new nodes! thats all im saying.

for example my node for last 12 months got from 0,06TB to 0,19TB of egress from a disk space of 0,7TB, i belive if Storj had halted new nodes joining, responsibly, nodes like mine would be better off, like im hoping 0,3TB or 0,5TB would be really great a month, im not asking for impossible, just that instead of 0,06 TB (69gigs in one month)

1 Like