Restrain new nodes! to provide all nodes at least 1TB egress /mo

I’m not sure I understand this part. Speaking for myself, I respect an exchange of views and differing perspectives, I appreciate you bringing this up and I think the resulting discussion was informative. I certainly do not hate you or anyone here!

You initially stated you wanted to poll the opinions. While this was of course not a formal “poll,” I think it is notable that nearly all voices in this discussion have not agreed with your position, but seem more to defer to the judgment of Storj Labs to find the right balance. That doesn’t mean you’re wrong that this sort of thing is worth considering, but I’d suggest it might mean you’re wrong about the general satisfaction level among SNOs.

Again, speaking for myself, I came into this primarily with the expectation that I would learn something about setting up and administering Internet services, a learning process that might lead to a little pocket change, providing an education that I might expect to pay for in another context. So, personally, I am delighted with the results. It will be several months before I receive a penny, but I’ve already profited.

7 Likes