Returned to find my node offline and restarted to no avail

Also if my node is disqualified, why do your satellites keep uploading and downloading client data to it? So far in the last couple of hours your satellites, even though my node is disqualified, have been stealing my bandwidth. About 500MB has been stolen and counting. Also the drive on which the storj node is located is constantly thrashing the heads as if it’s somehow providing your network with free storage. This needs to stop!

Being disqualified should be just that and completely disconnected from your satellites and blacklisted from every one of them, not kept on your testing satellites for a free ride. This needs fixing immediately as it’s a shady as hell and deceptive.

So if the missed disk workaround is already in place, why did mine audit and get disqualified when the disc wasn’t even physically present in the system ? This all sounds too convenient.

Each satellite audit the node for its customers’ data independently. When your node is DQ on one, other still can have a deal with your node, until audit score is greater or equal than 0.6

Are you sure that you received an disqualification email and not the suspension?
Could you give me your NodeID?

Perhaps it’s not updated yet?

Also, being disqualified yet still connected to 3 of your satellites that are quite obviously stealing my bandwidth and storage, is this now gracefully exiting me from the network negating the need to withhold my funds and then allowing the payout of withheld funds once my node has finished exiting gracefully? What it doing on your remaining 3 satellites if not exiting gracefully?

Node ID 1TctbwFJTTdJ1yf6Ymofv1bWmg9NbR74Vf6ixq9sxfXbjmaheg

Oh, it’s only 2 satellites now. Yes, I got one email after another saying the node was disqualified on each satellite, even though you say that there’s a disk missing workaround in place that should have prevented this entirely.

Perhaps what’s not updated yet? You said the missed disk workaround was in the current version. I have the current version of the msi installer that’s available from your storj install documentation which is 1.10.1

I don’t see any other place to download your current Windows msi installer from other than your storj install documentation web page.

This node is DQ on:

• US-Central-1
  • Asia-East-1
  • Europe-West-1
  • Europe-North-1

On Saltlake it has 0.78 score, on Stefan is still 1.00 so far.
So, I think this node is finished. You can leave it running with only two remained satellites if you want.

I don’t see any point in leaving my node online if it’s unnecessarily disqualified. If I’m not going to get my payout and I’m unable to exit the network gracefully due to this artificial disqualification limitation then I may as well uninstall my node it immediately, unless you have a reasonable solution for me so that I can continue, otherwise what’s the point?

It will update automatically to the last version during rolling update.
It happening within a week or so, then the docker image will be published.

Do I still have the option to gracefully exit the network and receive my held amounts ?

According to saltlake…

The rest of the satellites I’m not so bothered about as they amount to a small fraction of saltlake.

To receive payout from the remained satellites.
Also, you can reduce the space allocation on that node to zero and start a new node.
When the age of the node will reach 6 months on remained satellites you can run a GE from them and receive a held back.
Meanwhile the new node will receive payouts for service. The old one will receive payout for downloads and used space too.

Apart from Europe-north-1 of course as that has a significant share of the earnings, although I know they are probably already lost.

How do I graceful exit on the old node for the two remaining satellites ?

The same way as usual:

However, I would like to warn you - if your node have corrupted pieces, it could fail the GE.
If you can wait for a few releases, it should have a greater chance to successful complete the GE.

1 Like

I tried that and all I get is this:

What command did you run?

The same command as usual to graceful exit on Windows, contained in the guide you just mentioned to graceful exit.

Well, that command is valid and works, so please post what you did specifically so we can see if something went wrong.