RockPro64 as storage node questions

one could ofc just use a bigger power supply…
usually any stable 12 volt will do and amps well you just want more than you need… imo a good deal more…

75% i would consider max load for most things… it make stuff not break… and then if you want some room for expansion later… maybe an old laptop power brick would do nicely those are usually stable 12 volt and got lots of juice and power saving features…

and like baker says… pull as low power through the board as you can… i would try to avoid multiple power bricks if you are trying to do an low wattage build…

tho personally i would prefer building more akin to this…

sure the low wattage setup is nice… but most have either spare old hardware they can get their hands on for cheap or has somewhere…

when building like this one isn’t bound by the very limited expansion options of a RPI like device and you can upgrade it and even use it as a small server for loads of different things…

in this particular case i believe the cpu can be replaced with a much more powerful one, but the athlon 200 was chosen for low power usage… and ofc one can add ram and pcie cards and get up to 10-12 or more sata ports… or whatever one decides to go with… and ofc it will have m.2 slots, sure it’s a bit more expensive ofc… but it should be a viable platform for years to come…