Scheduled maintenance March 1, 07:00 - 11:00 GMT

Hey friends! We will have scheduled downtime for all of our production Satellites between on March 1st (local times below). Just a headsup! Please also remember that you can always check the status of the network itself on status.tardigrade.io too – Thanks.

Local timezones below:
Sat. Feb 29 - Sun. Mar 1
11:00 PM - 3:00 AM, Pacific/US (LA/San Francisco) UTC-8.

Sun. Mar 1
2:00 AM - 6:00 AM, Eastern/US (New York) UTC-5
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM, UTC (Greenwich Mean Time) UTC
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, MSK (Moscow) UTC+3
3:00 PM - 7:00 PM, China Standard Time UTC+8

5 Likes

status.tardigrade.io :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks! .,… That’s better…

You can also subscribe to receive automatic email notices of any status updates at status.tardigrade.io

2 Likes

The graphics and nice layout is good, but what would be most useful for me would be a plain text version that outputs simple text columns easily retrievable using:

curl -s status.domain.tld

As you are probably already aware, we have an ideas portal where you can post this idea for consideration.

I can propose it :slight_smile: :

lynx https://status.tardigrade.io/

2 Likes

so does this mean clients won’t have access to the nodes as well? No data will be moving across the nodes?

And this would be a good time for Nodes to do maintenance updates of their own without any impact?

1 Like

Hey @eagleye I pinged engineering to check on this for you

2 Likes

I chatted with engineers , and Im not sure it would be risk-free, because the satellite might be down for an unpredictably short time.
So for that reason we would not recommend using this time window for your own maintenance

what good things will bring this update?

I however would strongly advise doing any maintenance during this window because ANY OTHER time window outside of satellite updates comes with a higher risk of losing reputation.

So IF there is any maintenance needing to be done, that ist the time to go for.

Don’t mean to be a contrarian. But this is probably not a good idea. If all nodes do maintenance at the same time, the possible impact on data availability as well as repair triggered is much higher. Especially considering the fact that there currently is no such thing as an uptime reputation, you should do maintenance when it is convenient to you. Don’t wait for a specific time window, just do it now.

5 Likes

@jocelyn

It will be very nice when you send Announcements you mension not only USA time standatd but also GMT, about EST i heart first time in life, thinked thes is by Estonian format, but googled and got that it is not. As node operators all over the earth, it will be very logic to use more than one time standard.

3 Likes

good idea thanks vadim

The time standard should be nothing else but UTC.

2 Likes

I don’t care about Time Zone, I just use converter :slight_smile:

What would be more useful is if all these tools could be found in one place from the storj.io website.