Scheduled power failure

I have been informed by my electricity supplier that due to some work on the line I will not have power on April 27th from 8.30 am to 12.30 am (Italy time zone). It will be about 4 hours of downtime.
Do I risk disqualification (I already have the us2 satellite with an online of 96.5) ? Is there a possibility to set the node in a sort of “vacation mode”?

you are “allowed” up to 288hour or 12 days of downtime in a month…
this will get your node suspended, when it reached about 60% online score…
so … you got like 5% missing so thats about 1½ day… so you got 10.5 days left of downtime over the next 30 days…

you will be fine… if you get in below the 4hour mark the network shouldn’t even start repairing the data because it won’t consider your data gone…
and thus you shouldn’t suffer any effects aside from the earnings and data ingress in the time lost.

when going beyond the 4 hour of downtime the network will start repairing the erasure codes which you are storing parts of, if they reach a certain point of integrity, which means some data deletions will be seen after… but nothing major, generally its difficult to even tell… your deleted might double for a week or so…

ofc try to keep your nodes near 99% because one never knows when the preverbal muck hits the fan, so its nice with some breathing room and it also ensured optimal performance of a node.
reaching 100% well thats really difficult to sustain…

i would shutdown the node before the power goes out… to get a safe shutdown… and wait until the power is stable again… before powering it up…

thats about the closest to a vacation it can get :smiley:

4 Likes