Shared bucket shows empty folders

Welcome to the forum!

You should use exactly the same encryption phrase you had used during upload, otherwise objects cannot be decrypted with a different encryption phrase and buckets will look as if they are empty.

You will be asked for the encryption phrase every time you refresh the window. This is because we do not store your encryption phrase anywhere to protect your security. Please enter your encryption phrase in the tab “Enter your own passphrase”

If you lost your previous encryption phrase, then you can only delete these objects in encrypted form or delete the entire bucket. Please note that even if you lost your encryption phrase and did not save the access grant, you can still remove buckets by following these instructions:

Using UI:

1. In your dashboard, navigate to Buckets
  2. Click on three vertical dots on the right side of the bucket
  3. Select Delete, confirm deletion

Alternately, using Uplink CLI:

1. Create an access grant
  2. Setup an uplink with that access grant. To overwrite an existing access you can add --overwrite option to the uplink import command.
    To list buckets:
uplink ls

To list objects which uses the current encryption phrase:

uplink ls sj://my-bucket

If the list of objects is empty - there are no objects with the current encryption phrase. If you lost the previous encryption passphrase, you can only delete the previous objects or even the buckets.

To list objects in encrypted form:

uplink ls --encrypted sj://my-bucket

To remove object in encrypted form:

uplink rm --encrypted sj://my-bucket/An1LhSLauz-ROF8oLgLV1UrafXZVUm3HEtU8irR8il4oFI9Xqzc=

To remove buckets where you lost an encryption phrase:

uplink rb --force sj://my-bucket
4 Likes