SNO's ColoredLog for Windows/Linux/Mac using GUI/docker

Found the problem. I was trying to install the amd64 build on my arm system… That obviously didn’t work.
I just followed the steps for raspbian and it worked straight away.

And here’s the outcome, I had to decrease the font size so that the lines don’t overflow but it remains readable on my monitor.

Also I don’t know if it’s possible but I think that the “upload started” and “download started” lines could be removed while keeping all the information except the time they took to complete.
Personally I think it would make the whole thing more compact and would make the lines scroll slower.
The only thing I’m personally interested in is weather the download/uploads failed and eventual errors when they pop up, I don’t think the “upload started” and “download started” lines add extra information.

However I have no Idea if it’s doable in powershell as I have zero experience with it.

3 Likes

so i finally got my docker install in a container with direct access to my host storage pools working and everything installed and working.

which meant dealing with a new node and vm / os that didn’t have the color log script and stuff setup… so i went back to using the regular docker logs --tail 20 storagenode --follow

even tho it’s a new node with almost no traffic and not even a day old and yet i find it difficult to keep track of what it’s doing and find myself having to actually read it and it looks so damn bland or contrasted hurts my brain… and i actually kinda like contrasted color schemes… meanwhile the other running colored log barely even requires attention… one literally doesn’t have to watch it and still one will notice errors… or can keep track of what exactly it’s doing…

such an amazing idea, unlikely to be new, but it’s new to me… and now i can never go back lol

1 Like