SNO's please don't buy anything

I’m sorry, but your post is simply riddled with inaccuracies. Storj does run ads. You’re probably not in their target group. Storj is object storage for developers. I have my doubts you actually see ads from their competition unless you are a developer yourself, you probably have the wrong idea about what their competition is. Developers are at seminars and yes, they tend to be business customers, but they don’t have to be big guys. They already mentioned they have an experience marketing team… so…

I think you may have skipped a few…

Compared to their competition they already charge less for bandwidth relative to storage. So this just tells me even more that you don’t realize what their actual competition is.

It’s a utility token, but no, it’s not only used for payouts. You can pay for the service with the token too and you will get 10% bonus if you do.

Those people would be wrong. As I said before, it’s a utility token and doesn’t represent the value of the business at all. It’s nothing like a stock price, it doesn’t imply ownership, nor does it move with the company value. I don’t know what to tell you, but you’re just wrong about what the token is and does. Also… definitely not everyone cashes out right away, but that’s kind of beside the point. The reason it’s there is to make it easy for Storj to send payouts to a global network of node operators without having to deal with every individual countries banking system, including countries that don’t even have a central banking system. If you want to be truly global, you need to have a truly global payment system.

That’s literally what nearly all their customers are. There already are consumer applications built on Storj.

No argument here. But having been in all twitter spaces and read all posts by Storj leadership, I can assure you they are very aware of this.

And that’s where I want to get back to this point. You do realize that you are literally advocating for them to leave their partners (your word) in the dark. It doesn’t hurt the company reputation to be transparent. Which they’ve luckily always tried to be. We should encourage more transparency, not less. It is important to not screw over node operators. If they didn’t warn beforehand, the discussion that follows would just be node operators complaining about the sudden surprise and lost investments. THAT is what ruins reputations.

Ps. If you enjoy reading long threads, you haven’t seen nothing yet. This upcoming changes have been discussed extensively since November here: Let's talk about the elephant in the room: The Storj economic model (node operator payout model)
And that wasn’t the first time Storj has mentioned them either. So this top post wasn’t really that much of a surprise to most people on this forum.

4 Likes