SNO's please don't buy anything

Clearly, Storj is failing. Staff firings, SNOs abandoning, etc. One would think leadership would be pursuing integration and partnering opportunities wherever same might be found. There is a growing need for storage on Cardano. Someone will certainly satisfy that need.

Another bad decision.

@JohnSmith You are entitled to your opinions but if you insist on discussing Cardano I must redirect you to Cardano forums. Please consider this your warning to stay on topic.

Thanks for the warning. I appreciate that you are warning us about the pricing structure possibly getting worse for operators, I think this was a great customer service move, companies too often wait until a formal announcement is made even when they know months in advance at the cost of their customers. I do worry as a newer operator < 6 months, the earnings are already making me question if the payout is worth the extra wear and tear on my 24/7 seedboxes, if it gets reduced > 30%, that would likely push me over the edge to exit.

Hopefully even if the overall rates are reduced, the egress bandwidth could be increased through things like streaming media, the payout may even out.

5 Likes

I share your idea about the target customer audience of Storj, it should be small business and individual professional, not big fish. I posted about that above. But admins seem want to keep their track.

Id like to know how moving Storj to Cardano is the answer to Storj not failing which storj hasnt even failed? Its based on pricing not storj failingā€¦

@Knowledge Also I stopped responding I thought this was gonna be locked?

1 Like

Hi, I read all the posts and promised myself not to reply. But when I read about SNO that they write that Storj is going bankrupt and that they would like to give and advice on how to get clients it really pisses me off. The job of an SNO is to take care of their nodes as best they can. The other task is to suggest improvements to the node software and what goes around it. But, even if various users here have the basic knowledge of marketing and digital services sales, I just want to remind you that we are ā€œworkersā€ of the project and the company strategies, of course, are secret and are certainly studied round tables by those who are much higher than us in the project. So I would avoid ranting in this discussion and try to do a good job for what we get paid. I just want to thin out those who said a few posts ago that Storj has no customers and there are no transfers, I would like to point out that for about 24 hours there has been an influx of data that hasnā€™t been seen since the tests 3/4 years ago. This in my opinion was the best response from the management team to the replies in this thread. So as was indicated, if we will be paid less per TB transferred or stored but the data flow multiplies by 4 then it means that we will be paid more than today because we will have more data flowing from our nodes. I hope I havenā€™t bothered anyone with what I wrote but this was a vent and a thought out loud.
Thank you

23 Likes