So Are You Saying There's a Chance?

I’m still really surprised it isn’t just hitting your audit score. Are all the errors file does not exist errors? Or do you see others as well?

Graceful exit will just fail, I don’t think there is any use in doing that. And I’m pretty sure it won’t be possible if you’re already disqualified. Which is gonna happen soon (audit below 96%).

1 Like

Yea they are all file does not exist, or can’t delete file (cuz it aint there).

half of me wants to leave it, and see what it does in a month etc. but it also feels like a waste of time.

So just to follow up, and close this thread. I got impatient and run a graceful exit on all 6 of the satellites. This caused the whole node to be disqualified quite quickly (as expected). Kind of the “pull off the bandaid” approach! I have log receipts for x2 out of the 6 satellites, but neither of them completed successfully.

The new node will get this failed one’s space now, and i’ll be more careful when im doing maintenance, half asleep, at 3am! Glad this was just my proof of concept one, that i would run experiments with…but now i don’t have a experimental node any longer!

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

1 Like

Weird, you shouldn’t have receipts if it doesn’t finish correctly. Perhaps you will still get your held amount for these satellites than. Probably not much, but better than nothing.

I recommend not doing maintenance at 3am at all, haha.

:rofl:
It was an interesting case though. Raised some questions for me as there was some unexpected behavior. Sorry you had to lose your node for it though. Good luck with the new one! May it be with you for years to come!

1 Like

Sounds like something that happened to me

1 Like

no…it doesn’t look at all similar. i had broken and missing files from a hard drive array failure, not wrong files from another node.