Some files not showing in bucket on Storj website, but they do show when viewed with WinSCP

@Code_Breaker, yes all my files were uploaded from TrueNAS SCALE with a task that uses the same Storj S3 credentials. However, it remains that there are files missing in the web UI that are visible both using the S3 credential (via WinSCP and rclone) AND using uplink CLI with a Storj access grant. Here is another example of a file missing in the Storj Web UI (VID_20201107_162232740.mp4):

WinSCP connected to gateway.storjshare.io using the Storj S3 credential used for upload:

Uplink CLI connected using the access grant (NOT S3 credential):

Web UI viewing the bucket after entering the encryption passphrase:

It is true that both examples I have provided have many files in the “Camera” directory. In this example, the “Camera” directory has 1127 files/directories present.

In the above screenshots, I have sorted by filename in the same order in both WinSCP and the web UI. In the web UI if I search the page using CTRL-f for “VID_20201107_162232740.mp4” the file is not found.

Here is the console when I inspect the page in Chrome:

One other piece of info that might be relevant is how I created my buckets. I created my account via us1.storj.io and not the partner signup at ix.storj.io. Buckets created via the Storj web UI are not available to the TrueNAS SCALE Storj cloud sync task. But, I was able to create usable buckets from the TrueNAS SCALE gui that have the required attribution metadata (discussed here: TrueNAS backups and differences between Storj and Storj (iX)). So I take this to mean the buckets were created using the Storj S3 credentials, since this is how TrueNAS connects to Storj.

2 Likes