Stefan Testnet Satellite

did anyone else have an issue with the change to the config?

I had started a testnet node a couple of weeks ago, but ultimately shut it down to repurpose the HDD for another project. Then today I went to spin up a new node on the same machine with a different HDD, with a newly created identity that had never been used before. I went through the config file changes outlined here on the main “join the test net page”:

and then when I started the node it didn’t seem to understand the argument about what satellites it should talk to. it started trying to ping only mainnet sats with a bunch of errors. then at one point got a couple of blobs from one of those sats, and didn’t try and ping either testnet sats. I stopped the container and messed with the config file a few times to try the list of trust sources with and without a space between the comma and the stefan address, since the original instructions have it with a space and the instructions here on this page have it without a space (not really sure if that matters or not…)
regardless, neither seemed to work each time I would start up the node again. Then decided to just pull off the ,12ZQ…part and only leave the qa sat, which then when I started, it at least tried to ping that QA sat…but still was trying to ping the mainnet ones too…not quite sure what I messed up since I spun up the last testnet node so easily last time when the instructions only had the QA sat.

just generated a new identity, and I’m going to clear out the folder/contents on the machine and try it again. thought I’d ask to see if anyone had any thoughts as I continue to trouble shoot.

One last note, these issues are on a rpi4 that I used to run a mainnet node on that was migrated to another machine, and then I also ran the first testnet node on this rpi4 a few weeks ago…perhaps I missed deleting some artifact file somewhere…

EDIT: I just went back and checked the node I was describing here and it actually seemed to level out and started getting some blobs from 1GG sat…so perhaps I don’t need to wipe and restart. will try and add the stefan sat back into the config and see if it changes behavior…

EDIT2: in the end just decided to get a fresh install of everything and reformat all of my disks on this rpi…just got the new node spun up and although I haven’t seen any data yet in the log, looks like it didn’t try and ping any of the mainnet sats. so I think it’s good.