Storage Node Preflight Checks

Do we have anyone with a docker node on windows here? No issues with the system clock?

:raised_hand:

Nope. System clock is in sync with satellites’ system clock.

and you are sitting in a time zone that is not UTC?

Yes. Yep. Affirmative.

Awesome thank you all for this feedback. I will talk with the developer team and I think with the next release we can be more restrictive. I will write an update as soon as I know the new rules.

2 Likes

@littleskunk I didnt have to add preflight.database-check: true to any of my nodes to get the message did you expect that with this update?

That switch is for the database check. The clock sync check is always done.

ok but I didnt see any difference when enabling it though so it doesnt give any indication of it doing anything. Thought it was about the time check.

1 Like

That was mentioned earlier in this post. It doesn’t report back when the checks find no issues. But your node would not have started if it did. So you’re good.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ERROR piecestore delete failed

I added a database check on my Windows to the end of the configuration…
checkDB and clock

Thank you for all your feedback. With v0.31 we will change the following rules:

1. Write log message if clock is off by more than 10 minutes. Don’t start storage node if clock is off by more than 30 minutes. Please make sure your clock is correct. The current implementation will log “in sync” even if you are 59 minutes off.
  2. Enable the database check by default. Later we will take a second look on which other errors we still see in the network and if we have to add additional checks.
7 Likes

Now i have found time to check my nodes. All passed the database-check. It is ok to let the command in the config.yaml or i have to remove it?

You can keep it in your config :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do the database preflight check results say? Does it take time to check the DBs upon node startup? I just added it to my config but only see the time check mentioned.

Nothing shows up in the log for that but next update would have db check turned on by default. You won’t need to add that to the config.

I’m trying to see if I have any issues. So if I added the config line for database check and nothing shows up in the log, that means there are no issues with databases?

Yes, if it finds issues your node wouldn’t start. So if it’s up and running, you’re good.

Thanks!

Congratulations on having a minimum of 20 characters to post.

You can just click on icon with heart :heart: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes