Storage node to Satellite : I've lost this block, sorry

Around mid-August, I noticed one of my nodes was starting to have problems (empty dashboard, audit score going down on a couple of sat’).

Did investigate a bit, repaired database files… But the problem kept getting worse, I ended up losing all databases for that node, so as I said in one of my earlier posts:

This transfer (with 2000 corrupted files) took place on he 18th of August.

Since then, I can see satellites are really unsure about the health of this node (and they are damn right!) and audit scores are constantly going up and down, sometimes little by little, sometimes with bigger leaps and I’m not sure why… it’s very inconsistant from one audit to another. I guess the answer is somewhere in the source code and the white paper…

To have a better idea of what’s going on, I coded a little script that keeps track of the audit score on this particular node, for each satellite, and results are available since the 21st of August in real time online, here: Audits N3 (scores) - ThingSpeak IoT

Thought that maybe it would be of interest for some of you guys, out of curiosity. So I’m sharing it.

For anyone reading this in the future, the link might not be available anymore, so here is a screenshot of the current state of these graphs (26th Aug. EDIT: 19th Sept.):

1 Like