STORJ as an investment for non-node operators?

I’m certain that this is the wrong place to ask this question. I didn’t really see an appropriate place so please move it or delete it or whatever if it is. I’m very new to crypto currency in general, but I hear a lot of people say to invest in a token/coin that has utility. That seems like solid advice. I think Storj is a very innovative and great idea. That’s why I’m getting involved. The utility of the token, as far as I can tell, is to benefit Storj, the company. They charge the customer fiat, which for the time being is “real money” and reward the SNO with tokens… that they created. This is great because it allows them to give the end user a huge discount. Holding Storj coin isn’t equivalent to a relevant stake in the company though, so isn’t it basically like Chuck E. Cheese tickets for adults? Why would the value of the coin/token itself increase in value? Unless there is a mass adoption of Storj token to be used as a currency, then the limited supply may give it value, but that’s completely removed from its utility. I hope this doesn’t come off as negative towards anybody. I’m just trying to wrap my head around crypto still. Forgive my ignorance.