STORJ as an investment for non-node operators?

You can pay for your storage in storj not just fiat.
I think the used storage space will need to grow a very lot before the price has to go up to meet the volumes

1 Like

Then I suggest following standard forum etiquette in the future.

1. Use the search feature to see if there is already a topic on this and respond there
  2. Create a new topic for if there arenā€™t any yet

This is literally the same on pretty much any forum and hijacking someone elseā€™s post is never the right way to go. Youā€™re just creating needless work for the great moderators here.

That said, token value has been discussed several times. Just so you know, you wonā€™t get any response from Storj on this other than pointing to the quarterly token flow reports. The reason for this is that Storj Labs is aiming to be an example in token governance and wants to avoid any hint of market manipulation. So all token related communication goes through official communications.

But what it comes down to is 2 things. Customers get a discount when paying with Storj tokens. And Storj Labs will have to buy back tokens from the markets when their reserves run out. Both of these things will create market demand that could drive the value up.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response. It was more of a question of crypto currencies, in general, that arenā€™t used in place of fiat outside of a specific ecosystem. I was just using Storj as an example because thatā€™s the only one I have experience with so far. What you said makes a lot of sense though.