STORJ can now be used for fee payment on zkSync Era!

I can’t speak for the US, but in Europe banks are well regulated and balances up to about $100k are guaranteed by the governments.

Same in the US. But I guess my point was that large exchange is unlikely to disappear, and utility of using one far outweighs the risk.

1 Like

FTX cough
Mt. Gox cough

3 Likes

I appreciate the debate. From the company’s perspective, we recommend you receive your tokens to a wallet that you control and not a third party.

3 Likes

Is there still a 24h security delay for Zk ERA? And how to practically and cheap move the STORJ from Zk ERA to L1, like a exchange wallet oder metamask self-wallet?

Yes the 24 hour delay is still there. On txSync when you withdraw to L1 you can specify any address you want, can be the current wallet you are using or to an exchange address.

Cost is maybe 8 USD worth of STORJ due to high gas fees currently, but wait for the Dencun upgrade this Wednesday and hopefully it will go down.

2 Likes

Thanks alot for the concrete answer.

Unfortunately I don’t have any funds on ERA yet and never have done a transaction yet.

Would the txSync be in Transfers?

So that website which I think is https://portal.zksync.io/, is the native zkSync portal. There you would go to the Bridge tab. The idea is that it “bridges” L2 and L1. On this portal you will only have the option to pay the bridge fees using ETH stored on zkSync Era.

If you wanted to pay using STORJ tokens you can go to the txSync Bridge: txBridge • Transfer funds between Ethereum and zkSync

Go to the tweet of this thread’s OP to see some pictures.

1 Like

Thanks alot, guess it would be then the txBridge and then Bridge > Withdraw:

Am curious about the fees and how long does the bridging take? Is it like 1-4 hours like with ZkLite or longer?

Edit: When using the bridge to deposit it is arriving in ~15 Minutes mentioned. But the fees are high 77$ for just 400$ or ~0.9 ETH.

Unlikely, not impossible. But it does not matter.

You can always avoid storing assets there and your risk will be probability of platform collapsing between you receiving tokens and cashing out. I.e zero for all intents and purposes. And yet, you benefit from all the automation, tax forms, and favorable exchange rates/low fees. Why do it yourself if exchange does it for you?

This is a completely valid and correct messaging from the company. Reduces support volume of people who can’t figure out deposit addresses, networks, etc etc.

this is a reverse direction - you deposited from Ethereum to L2 and paid Ethereum high fees.

I don’t use a smartphone.
how to use this Zk ERA on a computer with Win?

The same, but you would use some browser extensions like Metamask or MEW. It’s better to use a hardware wallets of course, but you likely connect them through Metamask anyway to be able to use web3 portals like a zkSync Bridge.

https://help.myetherwallet.com/en/articles/6821718-which-cryptocurrencies-tokens-and-networks-does-mew-support

1 Like

After the Dencun upgrade and at 32 Gwei, bridging from Era to L1 is quoted to just be $1.39 USD worth of STORJ on the txSync Bridge.

Right now zkSync Era is only posting one blob at a time, and planning to post 2 blobs in the coming weeks so it should be lower (the target is 3 blobs per block with a max of 6).

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :confetti_ball: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Now we just need to be able to bridge storj paid with storj. Or exchange it.

Yeah liquidity on Era for STORJ is quite poor at the moment.

On the upside for some reason it has gotten even cheaper to withdraw STORJ from Era to L1 despite at the time of this post it’s 45 Gwei:

Monthly earning of 27 USD would pay for this fee due to the 3% bonus, while saving STORJ org from ETH gas fees.

Where are you able to withdraw storj? All Ive seen is that you can PAY with storj, while withdrawing Eth or USDC.

Both the native zkSync Era bridge and the txSync Bridge support withdrawing STORJ, while the txSync bridge supports paying the gas fees using STORJ.

I have been looking at these for months, is this new? I searched for storj coin in both those bridges recently, I guess im just blind. Well thanks for the info! Any idea if you can move storj between era and lite?