Storj Node goes offline - no contact with the hard drive?

Hello dear StorJ community.

My Raspberry Pi 3 B goes offline after about 50 - 100 hours.

The logs tell me that there is not enough space on the hard drive.

The hard drive still has 1.5 TB of free space.

I have already switched off the hard drive’s standby mode.

What could be the problem ?

thank you for your help

How did you mount your hard drive?

as described in the official tutorial.

sudo mkdir / mnt / storj
sudo mount / dev / sda / mnt / storj
sudo nano / etc / fstab.

and so on…

i will read the log file tomorrow. maybe it will help. i upload them here.

That isnt how it says to mount it though Your not suposed to mount it by the /sda ever cause it can change.

This is the official documentation

This is an excerpt from a log file

2020-11-26T14:49:08.448Z ERROR piecestore:monitor Total disk space is less than required minimum {"bytes ": 500000000000}
2020-11-26T14:49:08.448Z ERROR services unexpected shutdown of a runner {“name”: “piecestore:monitor”, “error”: “piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met”, “errorVerbose”: “piecestore monitor: disk space requirem ent not met\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run:113\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.f unc1:57\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Thanks for your help

How much actual physical space does your drive have ? You can show properties in case of windows or use df -H in Linux

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 2.0T 104G 1.8T 6% /mnt/storagenode

Can you show your docker run command ? Remove any personal info like email, wallet.

I can see the problem already, your mount is incorrect you need to setup a static mount.

Your post says /mnt/sda. Then you looked at size of storage it says /mnt/sda1. You need to mount the drive with UUID not by the sda.

3 Likes

@dada181, the reason is you are missing the partition number in your mount command.

Mount command:

Disk space command

Your drive is /dev/sda, but you have your actual partition as /dev/sda1. So, if you want to keep doing it this way, use the following:

sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/storj

Also, as @deathlessdd said, you should mount your drives by UUID, as the /dev/* path can change across reboots it you have multiple drives (say you plug in another drive for later or want to read a usb stick). This is detailed in the documentation linked to by @nerdatwork.

3 Likes

I updated the raspi guide to mention the UUID mount instead of device mount

2 Likes

I am running my node now and hope it works

Thanks to all !

2 Likes

sudo docker run -d --restart always --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967
-p 14002:14002
-e WALLET=“XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
-e EMAIL=“XXXXXXXXXX”
-e ADDRESS=“XXXXXXXX:28967”
-e STORAGE=“1.8TB”
–memory=800m
–log-opt max-size=50m
–log-opt max-file=10
–mount type=bind,source= home/pi/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=/mnt/storagenode,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Same again … But Y ?

2020-11-30T05:13:02.124Z ERROR piecestore:monitor Total disk space is less than required mi nimum {“bytes”: 500000000000}
2020-11-30T05:13:02.125Z ERROR services unexpected shutdown of a runner {“name”: “piecest ore:monitor”, “error”: “piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met”, “errorVerbose”: “piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run:113\n\tstorj .io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func1:57\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Did you fix the mount issues discussed above ? How is your HDD connected ?

Hello,

of course I followed the instructions.

Now the mistake was added today: Database Errors in bandwidth.db

I have already carried out these instructions.

No success

I will probably have to delete the StorJ node and make a new one.

Could you please copy the text of the error with this database?
You can create an empty one, no need to make a new node for that:

Good Morning,

I followed the two instructions again. Everything works now. Thank you for your help. My question is answered!

:+1: