Storj V3 - Decentralized Enterprise Storage is Back!

¨Storj took a couple of steps back (costed like shit… to investors)¨ this is still not accurate, for the reasons I stated in a prior post. Token sale buyers are NOT investors. STORJ is a utility token, and not an investment. Speculate on price at your own risk, don´t blame any trading losses on Storj´s decision to rearchitect the network so it could scale. SNOs get paid at the current exchange rate vs USD at time of payout, so they can sell immediately and thus incur no losses and are unaffected by any future price swings.

2 Likes

Yes… I agree, I have learned my lesson with it too.

I didn’t want to say that (and I think that does not mean what you are reading), STORJ is not an security token, I agree, but does not mean it could be or not an investment from the user perceptive. For me (my opinion) if something cost money, and has value to me, it can be considered an investment from my perspective. That does not mean it’s considered a security token.

I will rewrite the phrase as I understand what point you are trying to make, but I don’t agree with your disagreement =)

It is a very important destinction. STORJ is NOT an investment vehicle, therefore, people buying the token on exchanges or elsewhere are not investors with any claim against the company. Just using the word investor has legal implications that should not be taken lightly.

Hi @Forykw,

This is Jocelyn Matthews. I run the Community, Events and Developer Relations at Storj. I wanted to reach out to you and say that you are absolutely welcome in the Storj community and that your thoughts, input and comments are super valuable.

I hope that you will be an active member here. Thank you for writing about us too. We love it when community members take it on their own initiative to write about us, and I can see that it took time and effort on your part.

Please feel free to reach out to me anytime, and if youre interested in writing more about Storj, Im happy to put you in touch with our head of communications and even check with our team members on Engineering to clarify fine points about the platform itself. Im here to facilitate dialog and thought sharing.

We look forward to hearing more from you on topics of interest

4 Likes

Ok Thank you. This is the kind of “communication” I was expecting from Storj. Appreciate the intervention @jocelyn.

This is the kind of extreme I am against in a forum like this that is trying hard to educate
and bring more users to the platform. In my opinion, scaring people is not a healthy path to on-boarding anyone and will also not help on increasing the knowledge of the user.

I do have freedom of speech (on STEEM at least) and I am writing my own views of things. If they are wrong I am happy to be corrected and informed about where to get the right answers. I try to do my own research but as a human being I can make mistakes. And I am happy to amend them upon finding the right information.

My feedback towards this thread experience (overall), is that i feel some sort of aggressive stance against my initial post and replies, and that was the “first” impression that I got, that in case I was a new user, could have a very negative impact (hopefully this was an exception). Although it is not acceptable in my view and I would expect something like the approach @jocelyn did and the same sort of neutral and inviting stance, sharing opportunity to learn and advising on subjects.

I don’t wish to start “wars” or point fingers to anyone, just merely giving my feedback. Thank you all again. I will gladly continue around and use the forum as needed.

I’m glad this conversation is remaining so civil!

Forykw to your point abou the word “investor” think this particular sentence is a case of both sides being right.
Heunland is correct that “investor” sometimes has legal implications, especially if - for example - one of us who’s an employee at Storj uses that word. Its good to be super careful as the representative of a company, especially on the company platform. You forykw are speaking as a private citizen however, so your situation may be different. (Im not a lawyer, lol!) Or maybe youre using it an the laypersons sense of the word. but when we use such terms we are required by the company to do our best to follow FCC and other regulatory definitions of words which also exist in normal conversations. Its about as fun as it sounds lol.

Anyway we’re glad that your’e here, and I hope you can also check out our blog, which is where
a lot of the official sources on the history of the company resides

2 Likes

Again, another awesome way to respond to a user. Informing about things in a neutral way.

I have mistakenly and miss-judged the place to post such context in this forum. But I have already done some amending to my steem post and if there is still any information you feel its not correct, let me know and will adapt to my liking (because it is my own opinion) while respecting the source of the information.

Subscribed already… Looks quite nice. I thought I had subscribed in the past when it was still SJCX, but something might have changed and my email got droped off… or I did remove it somehow.

1 Like

thats great you are aubscribed. if youre wondering about information and sources, I can also put you in touch with some folks here, I’ll reach out with a DM. No obligation though!

1 Like

Thanks, for now I am just “scanning” the current state of the work as time allows (I had this working in the past version for quite some time…). And then I will get back somewhere here in the forum for more if needed.

I am especially interested in seeing if there is ways I can make use of the software in a “private” context. And on HPC environments to start with.