Suspension and audit

So this means in order to make $100 plus you need to have 30tb or more storage.

And it will take an year to materialize this.

Basically yes.

I don’t know what the current calculations are but you would probably not fill 8 TB in a year…
@BrightSilence

Filling 8TB will take roughly 2 years at current network behavior. Though of course that might change over the course of those 2 years. At the moment you won’t fill up 30TB ever. As when you reach a little over 20TB deletes of data will roughly match ingress.

More info as always here: Realistic earnings estimator

I am not sure whats the value of these estimates as I dont know how long it will take to fill up the amount of space I put in the estimate. I think I need to take a different approach in this setup and forget about it for an year then we will see. In order to do this successfully I need to setup proper monitoring and alerts.

Has anyone here have setup monitoring and alerts on stoj running on QNAP as a manual setup not through storj app? I am looking for following to be setup

1. configurable n number of errors in a certain time in the container logs trigger an alert.
  2. node down alert
  3. automatic deployment of new version. Unfortunately watchtower docker container doesnt work on QNAP. How can I automate this process.
  4. in case of disk failure how can I recover quickly. its a single disk not on raid.

anything else I need to setup? I just want to be a passive node operator who just look at the dashboard once in a while.