The digital cinema as potential Tardigrade use case?

Is anyone at Storjlabs going to investigate this?
When I look deeper into this industry it looks like there are massive storage amounts required, not just for the cinema part, but for the content being transferred to and from different parties. And this is not limited to visual content like trailers, spots, tv and movies, it goes also for professional audio productions.

I have just done some basic research and it has revealed that there are at least 2 players that offer storage and transfer solutions. Not just on premise but also cloud powered: https://www.avid.com/ and Storage Independence: Media Shuttle Integration | Signiant.
And if you dig further into it and look at their partners you’ll find companies like:
Supported Clouds – XenData
Software-Defined Storage Products | DataCore Software

The solutions they offer often already support Azure, AWS and others as cloud storage. So technically it should be a breeze to get Tardigrade working the same way with them.
Here is even a link to become a partner.

Read through our current partners below. If your company is interested in joining our partner program, we would love to talk with you! Please contact us at partners@signiant.com.

I really do believe this industry (including professional audio industry) could offer a lot of use cases for Tardigrade and should thoroughly investigated.

And even if Storjlabs would not partner with them, a look into their portfolios gives a nice overview what the industry needs and what might needed to be built into Tardigrade to offer alternatives for the industry.

5 Likes