The more the internet is shared the slower the vetting period?

Dear Storj,

I want to know if it’s true that the more the user of the internet the more time to get vetted? Let’s call the period until the SNO hits the normal upload speed the hatching period. So even after all the vetting has been completed it takes time for the node to get a decent upload speed. So until the hatching period is really over I am thinking to share internet connection with others(5 to 7 people). Is it a clever move or the dumb move from my side. I am planning to initially subscribe for the speed of 35 Mbps until I reach the normal upload speed. And after the normal upload speed, I am planning to upgrade my speed upto 50 Mbps.

the internet connect can be a bit of a limitation, but in 99% of all cases isn’t.
the usual upload to download ratio’s on consumer internet connections, is in storjs favor…
nodes will first run into egress issues, which will slow down the rest of the internet…

generally having many people on a connection isnt about how many people but more dependent on what they are doing… most people don’t use a ton of upstream…

but if even one person want to stream 4k to something like twitch and your connection might be dead… while you could have 50 people surfing on the internet using a 50mbit connection without to much problem.

50mbit will be pretty okay for a few people… but it can also quickly become a limit…
however storagenodes uses the upstream most for profit and also with the highest bandwidth when they start making money.

so the storagenode will basically just choke the upstream slowing the downstream for the rest of the users… .eventually anyways… if there isn’t enough bandwidth…

my 15TB node uses like 10mbit :smiley: or so upstream and maybe 2mbit downstream most of the time.

if the storagenode cannot get the bandwidth it needs the yes it will slow the vetting, but would basically never happen… unless if you added more storagenodes, and it would still be vetting at the same speed, just slip across multiple nodes.

1 Like