Troubleshooting a node

I have a few nodes and was setting up another one the other day.

The ports are all confirmed correctly forwarded and such. I have other nodes on this same machine configured the exact same way.

Any idea why I’m not getting any data or useful errors on this node?

Again to confirm the pots are properly forwarded, there is no firewall blocking anything, these nodes are IDENTICAL to other nodes running on the same machine and same network (Yes i am aware you cannot use the same IP/port or the same identity for 2 nodes).

Thanks in advance.

I see several errors saying “unable to connect to the satellite 118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW”. Even if you’re saying the network configuration is OK, it seems there is something wrong on this side.

Could you give:

• the “docker run” commands you executed for your both nodes (if you are on linux)
  • the network configuration of your router, where we can see the port-forwarding config.
1 Like

Yes you are right, it is Stefan-Benten satellite. My mistake, it is probably normal for this one (I think it has been decommissioned), I have the same errors.

How old is your node?

1 Like

It’s 2 or 3 days old. These logs include everything from the start.

It’s very strange. I’m wondering if something is wrong the the identity maybe?

Now that i look through this server, there’s actually another couple of nodes with identical behavior. They are on different IPs and different ports, but they fail to get any data and only return errors of not being able to ping Stefan’s sat (which i agree is decomissioned a week or so ago - did get my held amounts!)

I just saw that in your logs:

"2020-09-26T10:03:44.566Z","denver001","2020-09-26T10:03:44.565Z INFO Operator wallet {""Address"": ""nope""} (line 379).

Are you sure you stated your wallet address for this node?

1 Like

Yes I did, i just didn’t want to post it public here

I’m sure i’m just missing something simple and dumb, i just can’t for the life of me figure it out.

How many nodes do you have behind the same IP?

Maybe you have so many nodes that the ingress data is spread across several nodes and since your new one is very young, it doesn’t get anything…

1 Like

There is 1 node behind that IP.

Also - in my experience, even if you do have multiple nodes on one IP, you will still get -some- data. It will be equallyt split between the nodes. But you’ll get at least one shard or wahtever they call it these days within running the node for a few hours.

Is this IP provided by the same ISP of the other working nodes?

1 Like

Yes it is. The port forwarding and all is identical.

Arr you using a VPN or something like that?

Nope. and i also hate that i have to type at leat 20 chars to make a post

1 Like

So any help from Storj team would be nice.
I don’t know what could be the problem but I’m very curious.

1 Like

Well thanks for helping troubleshoot! I’m sure some of them will be around in a bit, i’m posting from EU time and I think a lot of people aren’t in EU.

I’m from it too ^^
Let’s wait for some American dudes.

All I can see these are errors concerning satellite "“118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW”.

This satellite has been taken down and does no longer operate as satellite. So these messages are totally fine and you can simply ignore them.

1 Like

Yup, that is our guess too. So why is the node not getting one upload?

Could you provide a screenshot of your GUI dashboard please?

1 Like

I don’t use the GUI dashboard i use the CLI dashboard, would that be sufficient or should i create an SSH tunnel to get the GUI dashboard - and what parts of it do you want screenshots of (if indeed you do want the GUI dash not the CLI).