Unable to see files after mounting with rclone

but in the case that an application uploads files without a passphrase, nobody will be able to see them on the web?

Should I always use an S3 client like cyberduck ? because the web won’t let me continue without a passphrase :S

There are many applications that do not support the passphrase option in the S3 configuration, so they will upload the files without it.

That sounds interesting to have a mandatory passphrase on the webpage but not in the application. Let’s wait what others will say. I believe there is currently no workaround for this to access the files via webpage without passphras.

I suggest you follow our how-to guide for Cyberduck to correctly configure Cyberduck with Storj as Amazon S3 compatible server backend so that you can use the proper Gateway MT credentials. Note that these instructions have not yet been updated, you should be able to now just specify the gateway as https://gateway.storjshare.io instead of the satellite specific url https://gateway.us1.storjshare.io shown in the screenshots in this guide.

Hola @heunland me acuerdo de ti desde el Rocket-chat de StorJ que hablábamos en español :smiley:

What happens is that the files that were uploaded from another application (Android app) do not have a passphrase since the configuration does not support it, and the Storj panel does not see the content of the Bucket without a passphrase (always required), the only one The way to see the files is through Cyberduck logging in with the Access keys.

It would be nice if that is not required in the panel since many applications still allow us a passphrase.

Or maybe create some Access Key that when detected by the system automatically does the conversion (no idea if it’s possible)

Thanks

I just gave you the instructions on how to generate the needed access keys in the Cyberduck configuration in my last message. Have you already tried to use the suggested setup from the Cyberduck How-To instructions?

You configured app either with the access grant (which you created in the satellite UI and it have forced you to use either generated encryption phrase or provide your own), or with S3 Gateway creds, which are based on access grant (which you created in the satellite UI and it have forced you to use either generated encryption phrase or provide your own).
So there is no (easy) way to generate an access grant or S3 Gateway credentials with empty encryption phrase.

In short - to see your files you need to use exactly the same encryption phrase used during upload.