Unlimited egress for beta test or limited=unlimited?

Billing show 1tb usage limit. Billing also want to charge for 1.25Tb

1 Like

So you are expecting the system to hard stop you from uploading any more files, and since this is currently not implemented, you expect not to be charged for the actual usage over limit you incurred? Note that you did not get charged in the first billing period for any usage.

it will be very polite to send to client email, that he reach limit or reach it after some space.

Exactly! I saw the limits and thought, ā€œsince they are specified, I canā€™t use more traffic than within the limit and will not pay for overusageā€

Why?

1 Like

I have forwarded your request to our marketing team, so hopefully they will implement emails to be triggered in the event an account reaches usage limits.

2 Likes

Even better would be something configurable so the user can decide what happens if the limit is reached: completely deny uplink requests or send email and continue to work.

You did not get charged for usage in the first billing period because of the $55 coupon (otherwise known as 1 TB coupon). Your total usage was less than what was covered by the coupon during that billing cycle. I already explained this in detail here

The dev team is currently doing tests to determine if limits are not working as expected, so they can apply a fix if needed. I donā€™t believe (I may be wrong) that it is intentional that usage could go over the limits. So for now, while the dev team works on this issue, I think we can only ask for the email alerts. If it turns out that exceeding the limits should be optional, then I agree your configurable option would be a good future improvement.

1 Like

Look at my pictures, limits are broken :wink:
1.25Tb of 1Tb possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is why were here testing thats the entire point is finding issues and letting them know the issues. You found an issue they will fix the issue to stop it from happening.

6 Likes

Just read storj position about bugs

My problem:

Itā€™s a different problem, not the bug with traffic limit, please, do not mix all to one.
Moved back to the right thread

Nope. Same problem: billing is awful. You want to charge money for YOUR bugs.

Itā€™s not true. We charge you for your usage.

True.If YOUR billing limits donā€™t work itā€™s not my problem :wink:

Yes the limit have not worked. This bug is now should be fixed. However, the usage is real despite the broken limit.
By the way - thank you for pointed to that bug, itā€™s helped to fix it earlier.

3 Likes

Still feels like there should be a little discount or something from StorjLabs when a customer experiences a bugā€¦ ? A way to say ā€œsorry for the inconvenienceā€?

My Internet Provider does that for instance: one month I got a 50% discount because their service was degraded for some reasonsā€¦

1 Like

Problem solved. :+1:t2:

1 Like