Update on June 2020 Payouts

if one does not want to be tracked may I suggest reverting back to the vacuum tube days and cars without engine management computers and all encryption is considered by the majority of governments as a national security threat so the decryptions have to available to such governments. because that cat is out of the bag long long ago.

Oh I’m sure there are a few more people who do that. Either way it’s an annoyance and you probably still don’t want to break shopping carts by disabling cookies that are essential to the site working right. This shouldn’t really be the end users job to make them do the right thing in the first place I would say.

Well, that you don’t see every day on the internet. :slight_smile: You’ve kind of made my day. Though I wasn’t implying you should get out more. :wink: (Then again, these days… shouldn’t we all)
Btw, I think we agree on a lot more than we disagree on. Bad uses of tracking should most certainly be stopped and many in between uses should require explicit opt in or opt out (I would have counted the tracking on the local dashboard in one of those last 2 categories, but Storj opted to just remove it entirely). I was merely objecting to any universal statements.

That goes similarly for universal statements in the other direction. We were just getting to a more nuanced discussion…

2 Likes

Move to solana, it has cheapest transactions and they are fast, i dont see any point to stay on eth as its slow and too expensive for this service.

2 Likes

I have maintained several nodes in the past. I definitely stopped maintaining Storj when the minimum threshold was established, the partial solution for micropayments has not helped me either, since it leaves us small collectors with our storj conditioned to use a network with unpayable rates. Without wanting to underestimate your work, they have tried to solve the fees that you must pay but they have not thought big, including all of us who participated or participated at the time in this project, because we are the ones who, if we want to interact with the token, are the ones who must pay. the cups. Currently every few months I go through the forum with the hope, surely also of many others, that this project will be updated in terms of the blockain network, I am impatiently waiting for an announcement to appear where the launch of the storj token is announced in alternative blockain, like many other tokens they do working on several at the same time. I don’t want to be negative at all, I hope this project continues to grow and I hope to be part of it again in the future. I have used a translator, sorry for the mistakes. I hope you can understand me correctly.

I’m not sure why you are reviving this ancient topic now. Since this was discussed there are now 3 payout options and transactions have dropped to the point where they barely matter. Just switch to zksync, get a 10% bonus and transfer whenever you want. The transactions costs just over $2 at the moment so once you’ve earned about $20 and pick a low cost moment, the zksync bonus will have paid for it already.

It doesn’t help to keep suggesting things that have already been repeatedly declined. Another Blockchain is just not going to happen. Ethereum scaling solutions might though.

5 Likes