Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators

@Milo123459 You r getting it.

Stob im sorry, but its the only way, if Storj is to thrive.

@Stob im sorry, but it’s the only way, if Storj is to thrive.
You have to unlock the bandwidth card to a great degree.
Not like to saturate Your connection tho.
Otherwise, judging by feedbacks here, too many SNOs will give it up.
What can lead to the end fast, or STORj will have not enough advantage to rise up, to make a difference, to break through and just decline …
The gain is You will be payed as good as now, or more, vs STORj not existing.
I’m sure we can take a lot of bandwidth as a whole, we didn’t even scratched what is possible for us, my nodes are snoring for 3 years, 3 YEARS almost idle, and we should agree to just decimation of SNOs? and the squandering of what we have developed over the last 3-4 years?

Do You remember those years of torrent crazyness? when everybody downloaded everything 24/7? and we even haven’t had fibers 1000/500 in home back then…

In STORj, there are no HDDs from chance. There are internet connections, but HDDs?
HDDs are like to put, when You need them to Your setup. So Your setup might be “used as it is already in use 24h” By HDD You should just have good one, heavy duty HGST, Ultrastar, or get used one, 2-3 years old, for such operation, they have 2,5 mil hours MTFB (means a "statistical value that defines after how much time a first failure in a population of devices may occur (measured in hours). If MTFB is given as 2,5 million hours, and the drives are operated within the specifications, one drive failure per hour can be expected for a population of 2,5 million drives) or You risk HDD failure and don’t care. Everyone should know that, when signs up, that it will somehow hit HDDs the most, so no surprise, You knew what project Your signing for.

And You can’t just shrink your storj space, so when You jump on STORj idea, it’s for the long run.
So if it’s long run, You has to be prepared, to have adequate hardware, right tools for the job.

And if someone want to cheat and block traffic after HDD filled, then satelites should take care of that, anti-cheat mechanism should be implemented.

i would kindly like to hear from You again, if You see it different after reading an picture for a new approach i wrote here

atomsymbol, good point

@atomsymbol good point.

nyancodex, You can support this

@nyancodex You can support this, here