Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators

Yeah, but you can’t just cherrypick the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don’t like. You can extrapolate the amount of data you will get, based on your past experience. Many unknown factors and not exact science. Fine. But do you extrapolate the shrinking rewards for you as a node? No. That is because you cherrypick.

Wrong on many levels. First of all, I am not sure if it is dead yet. Never said that. I will make my guess after the twitter space. On my guess will be based on how they handle the though questions. My guess is that they don’t even address them, because they know it does not look good. But dodging a question is also some kind of answer… I have written my questions a simple as possible in the other thread so there is no wiggle room and no excuses.

If they fail to answer them, I have made up my mind about STORJ.
All depends on management now. Second, even if I think it is dead, it is fun to hang around and watch the cult like behavior. Probably to this day you can find people in the celsius subbredit that think they will get back all their money. I just think that is extremely interesting to watch. The tech and economics are also very interesting. I like to discuss them in the forum. Third am not grieving. I was skeptical of STORJ because I dislike most of the cryptospace. But to my surprise, here was finally a product and an actual business case. I had a external HDD around and wanted to test it. Was very interesting and I learned a lot. HDD died and I did not bother to setup something new yet. Next month I get a 144TB TrueNAS system and have at least 30TB I don’t need. I am mostly interested in how special vdevs can speed up the filewalker process.

If you loose more than 4% of your data, something is very wrong with your node and you should get disqualified.

First off, you never sold to Walmart, you sold to your parents and neighbors who just wanted to support you in the beginning. Now you go to Walmart. Walmart would say “sorry pal, we have another farmer that sells to us for 5$. And even if we did not have another farmer, none of our customers would pay 50$ (5$ for us) for a kilo mango. Have a nice day”