I think the original post of this thread details expectations. I understand why you ask but each customer has different needs. We will know more as they onboard.
It depends. My nodes located in St. Petersburg, so @vovannovig have nodes much close to the nearest network hub and should have much more wins, than mine.
However, right now most of the used space (more than 80%) on my nodes are used by the US1 customers.
I don’t think so, the customers cannot do it without explicit code modification. We supporting Geofencing, however, it’s limited to some regions, but Ukraine is a part of European geofencing as far as I know. Some customers requesting to exclude Russia though or include only EU for GDPR reasons, but I’m not aware of anyone who requests to exclude Ukraine.
I believe that may be a culprit, the node selector prefers nodes with a high reputation. What is the reputation of these nodes? Are there any scores below 100%?
Yes, I can understand, but this is what I can assume from the situation. I believe that your nodes should have much less latency, than mine, you should be close to the network hub (at least I think so…).
this is quite normal, I have them as well. Right now after the cleanup, my nodes half full. So, I would expect the traffic from these customers soon.
Please, do not give up!
Being already accustomed to more persistent user data, with a grow of about 250GB/day (which is expected to increase after the weekend, when all trash has been deleted) I wouldn’t mind if it would remain this way
after a few days like -10TB/day last week, I am still like -1,5TB/day so few things could change Now I hold less data than I was paid for last month, so not only unpaid trash is being deleted for me. But I prefer customer data which are growing.
@storjlings Are all “hacked and free accounts data” from eu and us deleted by now?
It doesn’t matter. Each satellite has a deletion queue of abandoned or failed to pay accounts and they are deleted every time, just nobody can say, when they all will be deleted, because the queue is not empty as far as I know. Some customers would pay their invoices and their accounts would be removed from that queue, so almost like with the customers data - it’s not predictable when it’s related to the humans’ behavior.
Also not only Saltlake has TTL data, on my nodes I see a lot of such data from the customers of US1 as well.
Please tell me what script you used to watch this?
====
I have old tools and they show quite good results, but this node is actually very loaded and there are quite large delays in the file system, the queue for processing by the bloom filter (deletion)
If you use the same tool, it looks quite strange, the numbers 98-99% indicate that everything is fine, but the node actually, if you look at the delays (more than 200 ms), queues (more than 3,4), requires attention and optimization.
If even such a node can handle the load (Yes, I understand that it is small and there is almost no test traffic now), then my other nodes are in super condition))) - but then why are there discrepancies with occupied space, long scanning time, bloom filter processing queue and so on…
It looks like space is still getting filled at the long-term-normal rates we’ve seen in the past (around 8TB-per-/24-per-year?). But it can be hard to notice beneath the mountain of expiring test data.
Ignore Storj unless you get an email saying a node is offline: it’s like watching water boil: do something else with your life while you wait
I understand what you are saying, but in my situation I need to monitor performance and provide both internet and power backup.
This naturally consumes resources…
I am forced to monitor and asked a question to understand if there are plans to add more test data or increase the load in the near future. (I am not whining or crying, I am asking for objective data and plans if such are known)