Upload crashed wifi on macbook

donAFRO, I was able to reproduce a similar error on a MacBookPro15,1 running macOS 10.15.2, using a TP-Link Archer C7v2 home wifi router. Using a wired connection seems to eliminate the errors. Disabling Apple Wireless Direct Link using “sudo ifconfig awdl0 down” also works for me, using wireless. This workaround comes from https://serverfault.com/questions/886333/ssid-authentication-periodic-failure. We have some changes in the work that may stress the network a little less, I’ll try to keep an eye on this.

1 Like

@donAFRO I’m not sure if the problems I’m seeing are similar to your own, but I was able to fix the problem without disabling Apple Wireless Direct Link by obtaining a new wireless router. I am not seeing the same behavior of a Netgear Nighthawk as I did with the TP-Link Archer C7.

A fix to lower DNS resolution pressure is in early code review; this is known to help some routers: https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/428

when i try to upload 1.5GB file at work where the internet is 200/200 and i am connected to ubiquity WiFi access point it will fail like on every second or third try… i dont know the rest of the devices in the network, but it is coworking for hundred people here… at home i have some Mikrotik and internet 50/50 which and the uplink is also failing most of the time… to upload the file succesfully it will also take ages, i dont know who says it is faster than S3 from amazon…

Have you downloaded the newest build?
I just tested the uplink and its pretty fast today

1.00 GiB / 1.00 GiB [------------------------------------] 100.00% 12.79 MiB p/s
    Created sj://howto/1g-test-file

real    1m21.096s
    user    0m59.533s
    sys     0m59.241s
1.00 GiB / 1.00 GiB [------------------------------------] 100.00% 13.41 MiB p/s
Created sj://howto/1g-test-file1

real    1m17.366s
user    0m59.353s
sys     0m56.725s
1 Like

I’m having the same issue. After starting to upload, my wifi crashes. Sometimes rerunning, it completes the upload, other times it crashes. It’s inconsistent. Using MacOS Catelina.