Used disk space resets after node rm/restart

Alright then… Help dismissed…

But I didn’t just make that up. How about you Google “structure needs cleaning” yourself and see whether what I said makes sense.

File system corruption can have many causes and it’s not necessarily the fault of the STORJ software. It also doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with the physical disk.

No it is not dismissed, sorry if it sounded as it was.
Your suggestion (with e2fsck) helped, and now it shows correct numbers, thank you very much!
I’ll check how it goes further.
Probably I would need to change my set up and not use USB drive as was suggested many times in the forums and the docs

If that’s an option, yes, that would definitely be my advise. A very common cause of file system corruption is when USB drives are unplugged while still in use. So I think that may also be the reason you got this issue in the first place.

You don’t necessarily need to change from a USB drive, although there are performance hits for using a external drive. External drives can be perfectly stable if you make sure to not to do things such as remove without unmounting first. I have been running a 4TB 2.5" external drive for 2.5 years non-stop for storj (first v2 then v3). Although now that I actually look at how long it has been running, I should probably swap it out for a fresh disk soon.