Used-space-filerwalker

But you have said before it wont update total space used until the whole filewalker process finished, before i migrated this storj node to this new storage it had total used space 0 MB so it had to redo the whole total space used filewalker for all satellites.

It did not since it failing on eu which i guess would stand for 50% of my total storage.

The filewalker exiting with status 2 probably means it crashed with a panic(). It should have output a traceback to stderr, which should have been the same as the stderr of the storagenode process. Exactly where that traceback would have ended up may depend on your configuration.

Maybe try searching through all logs for the word panic?

1 Like

Unfortunately, when the filewalker is crashed with any exit state, it doesn’t post a stack-trace. But sometimes you can see the reason in the lines below, like context canceled.

It definitely does produce a stack trace, but I can’t say for sure where that stack trace ends up. It might be thrown away. We might need some work to ensure that it isn’t, so problems like this can be addressed.

2 Likes

What I mean that if you restart your node before the last satellite is finished its scan - the dashboard would use what’s persistent in the database (so - less accounted usage).

1 Like