Using new run command with --mount

I can’t figure out the correct syntax to use for the new run command.

This is my old with “-v”:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET="0x1a529dd8ee6bcd5a9fa53887048c5d7b3df8329c" -e EMAIL="xxxx@xxxxx.net" -e ADDRESS="xxxxx.ddns.net:28967" -e BANDWIDTH="100TB" -e STORAGE="5.4TB" -v H:\\Identity\\storagenode\\:/app/identity -v H:\\node1\\:/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha

I am trying to use this with “–mount”:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET="0x1a529dd8ee6bcd5a9fa53887048c5d7b3df8329c" -e EMAIL="ryan@getburst.net" -e ADDRESS="getburst.ddns.net:28967" -e BANDWIDTH="100TB" -e STORAGE="5.4TB" --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=H:\\Identity\\storagenode\\ --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=H:\\node1\\ --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha

But I get the error Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type “bind”: invalid mount path: ‘H://Identity//storagenode//’ mount path must be absolute.

Please advise.

Hello @ryanw,
Welcome to the forum!

You should replace only parameters between quotes, i.e. "<storage-dir>" to "H:\\node1\\", "<identity-dir>" to "H:\\Identity\\storagenode\\"

So, the full command:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET="0x1a529dd8ee6bcd5a9fa53887048c5d7b3df8329c" -e EMAIL="ryan@getburst.net" -e ADDRESS="getburst.ddns.net:28967" -e BANDWIDTH="100TB" -e STORAGE="5.4TB" --mount type=bind,source=H:\Identity\storagenode\,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=H:\node1\,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Can I start the day over?

1 Like

It looks like the dashboard is reporting different numbers now. I was ~300MB storage used before restarting, By the way @Alexey thank you for the welcome.

Try in the Powershell:

"{0:N2} MB" -f ((Get-ChildItem h:/node1 -Recurse | Measure-Object -Property Length -Sum -ErrorAction Stop).Sum / 1MB) 

6,825.89 MB

I do not have that much real capacity.

6GB? I think you have, otherwise node wouldn’t start. It requires at least 500GB free

Sorry, like I said, I need to start the day over. Or perhaps not be watching screaming kids while doing this.

What is this sum?

Used space by your h:\node1 folder. The info.db can see only 1.7GB from it.
I hope you allocated only 90% of the available space, otherwise it can overuse it.

Good to know, thanks. I should decrease it? It hasn’t reached even close to filling up the drive yet.

Also, is this an issue that the info.db can only see a portion of the used space?

This is alpha. It’s have a bugs. Better to worry than sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

The info.db keep only track of saved and paid pieces. The Dashboard shows only the result of the info.db. The size of the info.db itself or other files on disk like files from os are not counted from the storage node yet. Allocating only 90% is a great approach, and you can’t change it every time.

1 Like