Want to Join as a SNO

I have several location, most of data are at home, 42U rack full of servers.
1 at work and one at other location.

Yes running fully in a datacenter is most likely not profitable and will surely not be profitable once the cost cuts hit. But if you can run the datacenter in a room at home with a good internet connection you save a lot of cots (especially the bandwith cost).

The Team here also is not interested in making datacenter profitable as that is something the big businesses are already doing. If Datacenters would be sensible they could just cut out you and me and just host them themselves in the datacenters and become a “Backblaze” or similar. They want to get the niche of decentralized all across the globe.

I think people like Vadim host it all at home or self owned locations. The Server Hardware you can often get very cheap from the Datacenters / Companies when they switch out the older stuff. And at that point its almost only disk cost and electricity.
Most people with Storj probably have a home server or NAS running and then just add a few disks and use that for storj, For them only the disk purchase and disk Electricity cost occurs on top.

1 Like